Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wild Mushroom and Asiago Quiche

So Toughest Critic has done his best to get me back into the swing of things by documenting every successful dish I’ve made.  Lets face it, I’ve fallen back into the alternating dinners of eggs and grilled cheese, so it’s been rare that TC has even had to locate the camera.

Foodnetwork Canada has an app for blackberries that helpfully recommends a new recipe to try every day.  As wonderful as it is, it gives you no way to email the bloody suckers and has a built in ‘feature’ that deletes all your recipes every time it updates, which seems like every week.

This was my featured recipe a few weeks ago, that I managed to make before it disappeared into the ether:

IMGP0003

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Main/Cheese/recipe.html?dishID=7036

I’m not normally a fan of Christine Cushing.  It probably comes from my dislike of chipmunks, but this dish was really good.  The balsamic glaze really compliments the cheese, so I totally recommend plating with it, even if it gives you the excuse of drawing happy faces with goo. 

Toughest Critic Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment